Kenedy, TX, US
Kenedy, TX, US
Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Other Skills: Microsoft Office, Cost, Materials, Budgets, Administrative Tasks, Civil Engineering, Field Work
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kenedy, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
This is a contract to hire opportunity with a Civil Engineering firm located in the Kenedy, TX area, specializing with infrastructure and oilfield services. Will be responsible for organizing people, tools and equipment, as well as planning/managing multiple activities to accomplish desired results. Must have a homestead local to the Kenedy, Texas Area or be willing to relocate.
- Performs certain job setup duties in the accounting software (ViewPoint) including entering projects budgets, configuring integration with owners billings, setting up phases codes and cost types utilizing applicable standard and adding unique codes as needed.
- Set up electronic files in accordance with an already established and prescribed filling structure.
- Prepare, code and interface field purchase orders within best practice guidelines.
- Process subcontractor pay requests within best practice guidelines.
- Process project related invoices within best practice guidelines,
- Process owner pay requests and required backup documentation.
- Prepare project schedules (SureTrak) and responsible for monthly status updates.
- Monitors cost and schedule performance and reports variances.
- Monitors and rectifies situations requiring change orders.
- Assists with scopes of work, bid package development and proposals.
- Active in business development with clients, help solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
- B.S. Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is required.
- Entry level graduate up to 2 years of experience preferred, or 2 to 4 years of progressive construction/oil & gas related trade experience.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SureTrak.
- Exceptional customer service skills - professional demeanor, excellent command of written and spoken English, friendly, respectful, excellent listener.
- Must have a strong Business Acumen; Cost, Materials, etc. and be computer savvy (Microsoft Office).
Proficient in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Familiarity with Viewpoint and SureTrak and possessing a strong curiosity and ability to learn other technologies and applications.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills - professional demeanor, excellent command of written and spoken English, friendly, respectful, excellent listener.
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative and to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive, supportive member of a team.
- Strong time management, interpersonal and organizing skills.
- Knowledge of standard administrative practices that support a team, from filing to tracking documents and budgets, paying bills, ordering supplies and coordinating field operation needs.
- Must be detailed-oriented, have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.