Skills: Civil Construction
Other Skills: Cost, Materials, Viewpoint Management Software, Microsoft Office, Field work
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
This is a direct hire opportunity with a Civil Engineering firm headquartered in Houston, TX, specializing with infrastructure and oilfield services. The main function of the Project Coordinator is tyo provide value and assistance to civil projects by assisting the Project Manager and/or Superintendent in the management of quantities, project documentation, materials, subcontractors, and project specific construction management.
- RFI/RFI Log - In conjunction with Project Manager; prepares RFI's, obtains approvals, tracks and monitors critical or key data and progress. Prepares periodic reports on RFIs in progress. May communicate directly with owners.
- Submittals/Submittal Log - Maintains critical knowledge of the job to obtain all required submittals to the owner for timely review to meet project milestones. Maintains submittal logs and monitors critical or key data and progress. Prepares periodic reports on submittals in progress.
- Crew Scheduling/Oversight - ensures availability of materials, equipment, and deploys human resources as applicable.
- Perform HR Related Processes - ensures timely flow of related HR new hire documentation, and coordinates with Corporate HR Representatives during the hiring process.
- Performs Safety & Risk Management Processes - ensures timely and accurate incident/injury reporting, performs certain related administrative processes, including return-to-duty process.
- Meeting minutes - Drafts and maintains written copy of the project meeting minutes for progress meetings. If the owner is supplying minutes, review the owner's minutes for discrepancies from your own minutes respond via email to Project Manager for validation. If the Owner does not keep minutes prepare a copy of the minutes for distribution.
- Submit holiday letters for time suspension, and submit lane closure and street cut requests/permits.
- Keep track of material on hand. Assist Project Managers with submissions for additions and backup invoices. Deductions will be based on items completed each pay estimate.
- Call in locates (Texas One Call) and keep 811 log up to date
- Code and collect time sheets
- Coordinate with owners reps and subs for monthly pay estimates.
- Quantity reconciling - Keep track of discrepancies in work completed and quantities that are paid by the owner. Bring up these items in progress meetings. Escalate to Project Manager if this is not resolving the discrepancies.
- Quantity survey for payment - Ensure accurate measurement of quantities completed.
- Coordinator will field measure items as required; Coordinator is required to keep up to date quantity log either in a binder on the job site or an electronic spread sheet.
- Reconcile truck tickets
- Coding delivery tickets - code items on ticket to the item on the purchase order or subcontract item on the purchase order or subcontract. If the delivery ticket has items that are not on purchase order or subcontract, code them to the correct project phase.
- Track schedule dates - Track actual start and finish dates of activity items on the schedule daily. Submit to Project Manager as needed for schedule updates. If project coordinator is trained in scheduling software they can update the schedules with changes as they occur.
- Remain critical of the Company's processes and approaches to construction, and submit suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in a trade association to identify new trends in construction and share observations with supervisor.
- Get actively involved in the periodic review process and the resulting training and follow up for development of self and subordinates
- 1-2 years of experience preferred, will also look at recent college graduates in the fields of construction management, civil engineering, or business school graduates with construction experience.
- Must have a strong Business Acumen; Cost, Materials, etc. and be computer savvy (Microsoft Office).
- Previous Safety Training, Viewpoint Management Software, Scheduling Software experience is a plus.