Skills: Engineering Manager, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Process Control
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mont Belvieu, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 104th on the FORTUNE 500 and has approximately 6,900 employees. Enterprise's large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its approximately 49,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. The partnership's service offerings include pipeline transportation and gathering, natural gas processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, import/export capabilities and marketing. Enterprise also has a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
Join us in driving fast-moving, far-reaching projects that serve the most prolific energy basins in North America. Whether building new pipelines and plant facilities or optimizing and maintaining existing assets, advance your career like never before. Take on greater levels or responsibility while enjoying freedom to showcase your talents in an opportunity rich environment.
The Staff Controls Engineer is responsible for design and support of process control and related projects for the MtBV PDH Plants. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and technical support for process control, instrumentation, and measurement technologies.
- Providing guidance and support for process control project scope and estimates.
- Participating in operational training as related to these systems.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a B.S degree in engineering or 15 years controls related experience is required.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience on implementation of process control and related systems in gas treating, processing and pipeline facilities.
- PDH or similar process experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in industry standards for documentation, basic regulatory and discrete control, loop tuning, safety systems, and PLC configuration is required.
- Knowledge reading and developing of process, electrical and instrumentation drawings Cause and Effect Diagrams, specifications and control narratives is required.
- Configuration experience in various HMI and PLC platforms along with function block and ladder logic programming is required.
- Working experience with Honeywell Experion DCS and Triconix Safety System is required
- Wonderware HMI and Siemens TI, Modicon, and Allen Bradley PLC configuration experience a plus.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks as well as being able to manage large amounts of work through others (like contractor support) is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs and climb a ladder.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization (operations and contractors), both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and be on call as required.