Skills: Chemical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
910977 - Safety Data Sheet Author - Product Specialist
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Safety Data Sheet Author - Product Specialist, based in Manchester, UK.
- The Hazard Communication authoring team is part of the Product Stewardship Focus Delivery group that is responsible for the delivery of Hazard Communication documentation to various classes of business to support Company's license to operate.
- The team manages more than 80,000 documents in more than 27 languages.
- The team manages close relationships with other functions, e.g. Health, Legal and business contacts to execute this work.
- The SAP PSP platform is the primary system for supporting this work and requires the application of a skill level of knowledge to execute the required job activities.
- This position seeks an individual with demonstrated competency and interest in learning proficiency in the required functional skills.
- Works within the rules and processes defined for the team to identify and assemble appropriate information within the SAP PSP system to produce accurate safety data sheets to met the agreed deadlines.
- Applies technical knowledge and regulatory rules to produce compliant hazard communication documentation.
- Develops proficiency in both the regulatory and technical content and functioning of the SAP PSP system sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in assigned work.
- Identifies 'defects' in data, process or system issues, contributing to problem resolution where possible.
- Plans and executes work assigned.
- Report on status and escalate issues that may impact delivery.
- Responsible for the quality of their work product
- Escalates scheduling conflicts to the Team and project leader as soon as they become evident.
- Follows records management processes as prescribed.
Skills and Experience
- Individuals who are successful in this position often have exposure to relevant regulatory requirements and/or product chemistry concepts.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in the sciences is strongly preferred.
- Consideration will be given to individuals who have acquired appropriate knowledge, experience and interest.
- Familiarisation with Fuels, Lubricants, Manufacturing or Chemicals product portfolio is required.
This position is 3 days a week in Manchester during 2017 for on-boarding and training. This position will then be based in London from January 2018, 5 days a week.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910977.