Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process Americas has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Civil Engineer with 2 to 6 years of experience to support civil engineering and construction projects at our Tucker GA office. Applicant(s) will have the opportunity to support the civil design of power and process projects such as utility solar power plants, combined cycle generation power plants, pulp and paper process facilities, food and beverage industrial projects, and EPC (engineering, procurement, and management) projects.
The applicant will work with the civil engineering team in support of engineering and EPC projects. Support will include civil design, civil design calculations, CAD design, engineering investigations, estimating, writing technical reports and proposals.
Skills / Qualifications
- A background in Civil Engineering is required for this position. Experience with site development, project permitting, construction coordination, and coordination with multidisciplinary engineering teams is favorable for this position. Applicant must have exemplary organizational, written and verbal communication skills. To be considered for the mid-level engineering position defined experience with Autodesk Civil 3D is required.
- Applicants shall meet the following qualifications;
- BS and/or MS Civil Engineering; Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Required, no exceptions;
- EIT certification with ability to obtain PE License in 0 to 4 years from date of hire;
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software (MS Office, AutoCAD, Civil 3d, HEC-HMS or other similar hydrological analysis software, HEC-RAS or other similar hydraulic analysis software)
- Experience with GIS software such as ARC-GIS would be considered a plus;
- Experience with hydrology, hydraulic, road geometric, construction earthwork, and surveying calculations.
- Experience with permitting and project development is a plus;
- Conceptual understanding of geotechnical, environmental, and structural design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated;
- Ability to work productively as a team member within a diverse workforce;
- Must pass drug test and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.