Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer, to provide planning support to Transmission and Distribution business, for HV substation tender submissions. In particularly for a 4 year / potential 12 year Alliance for schemes in the geographical area covering the South of London, Greater London and the South East.
This role is available immediately as a permanent position based at offices in Darlington, with occasional visits to other offices and sites where required. It will provide the opportunity to develop the applicant’s career and experience in an expanding Transmission and Distribution work sector.
- The planning support will include developing schedules for tender submissions and producing weekly / monthly progress updates for design and construction schemes.
- To provide planning support for the development of substation tender schedules and submissions in collaboration with the Estimators, Design Engineers and Construction delivery team.
- Planning delivery support for Engineering, Procurement and Construction schemes, including weekly / monthly progress updates of contract schedules, critical path analysis, resource profiles, earned value reports, and schedule narratives.
- Commercial entitlement promoted and highlighted to delivery teams, including suitable planning support.
- Ensure all planning and project control activities are delivered in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler guidelines and ‘Planning Best Practices'
- Depending on workload across T&D business, planning support may be required in other areas of the business (OHL, Cable and Gas asset health schemes).
Skills / Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications
- Higher Tech, Planning qualification coupled with a Degree or equivalent
- A Planning Engineer with initial or established planning experience, looking for the opportunity to progress their career and experience
- Be proficient in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Experience in the development and delivery of Substation and electrical schemes. (Desirable)
- Enthusiasm and ability to integrate into a team, with the skill to liaise and challenge the delivery team.
- Work collaboratively with the Client and other Alliance framework members for the successfully delivery of a large portfolio of schemes.
- Good written and spoken English skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.