Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chonburi, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Lead Buyer / Senior Buyer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, our Procurement and Contracts Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the main functions of the role will be to issue Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQ) to potential new supplies
- Prepare Inquiry Documents, Expedite Suppliers bids
- Prepare Bid Opening and Commercial Bid Tabulation
- Bid Evaluation, Negotiations, and Preparation of Final Bid Tab
- Prepare Fax of Order Award and Formal Order Award after approvals
- Expedite Order Acknowledgement and issues change orders
- Preparing supplier performance evaluation and order close out
- Performing all purchasing activity in accordance with the set project purchasing procedure and the purchasing work instructions
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or higher in field of engineering or business
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience of working within Procurement preferably within the Oil & Gas Petrochemical plant
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Candidates must be commercially aware, with effective negotiating and coordinating skills
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work as part of team as well as individually when required
- Fluent in Thai language skills (both spoken & written) to enable effective communications with Local personnel from Thai Client, Sub-Contractors & Vendors
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.