Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler's Mining & Metals business unit currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Contracts Administrator. Reporting to the Manager, Contracts Administration and working alongside other team members locally, you will have the opportunity to provide lead support on one of our major projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Managing, coordinating and administrating contracts to ensure cost and schedule compliance.
- Working with the contracts group as well as project staff to develop and implement the contract strategy for construction and service contracts.
- Directing the formation of construction contracts including service and consultant agreements/contracts.
- Working with the pre-qualification of tenders, award and administration of construction and service contracts including managing contract change orders for in or out of scope items.
- Developing and maintaining construction progress activities utilizing the company's in house proprietary management system.
- Assisting with input to monthly project reports for construction progress and status of contracts
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of contracts administration experience on heavy industrial projects within a construction environment, preferably in remote or international locations.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in engineering, quantity surveying, or a recognized business program
- Familiarity with the formation of construction contracts including service and consultant agreements/contracts
- Ability to manage and administer pre and post award construction contracts.
- Familiar with unit price T&M and lump sum contracts.
- Ability to breakdown contract Schedule "A’s" into a framework to be used as a progress construction
- monitoring tool.
- Familiar with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and their application when developing/using progress monitoring.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, including data base manipulation.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.