Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process is currently recruiting for a Civil Designer, with extensive experience in the heavy industrial industry, for an upcoming project.
This role has overall responsibility for providing 3D civil designs for power & process projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Design civil earthworks, (including general grading, ponds, drainage, plant roads, haul roads, mill pads etc.)
- Design underground utilities (including fire water, potable water, force mains, sanitary sewer for mine and heavy industrial facilities)
- Design surface run facilities (tailing discharge, brine lines for mine and heavy industrial facilities)
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or related field
- More than 5-7 years design experience in earthworks, underground and surfce utilities
- Ability to produce civil drawings using 2D & 3D software
- Proficient with AutoCAD with industrial plant site design experience
Amec Foster Wheeler offers very competitive compensation and benefits packages.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.