Skills: Executive, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Executive, Strategic Communications
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Minimum Qualification : Bachelor's Degree/Adv. Diploma
Years of Experience: Experienced (3 years but less than 6 years working experience)
No of vacancies: 1
• A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or the equivalent.
• Minimum three (3) years’ working experience in the related field.
• Experience in having been part of teams that undergo organizational and cultural transformation is an advantage.
• Good understanding of operation and commercials of an ICT related organization.
• Excellent command of the English language, both writing and speaking.
• Structured thinking, good presentation and communications skills are essential for the successful engagement of stakeholders and employees.
The Senior Executive is responsible to support the Team Lead in planning, developing and implementing plans for Group ICT’s strategic initiatives such Group ICT Awards, Corporate Social Investment & Philanthropy (CSIP), and the Embedding of PETRONAS Cultural Beliefs within Group ICT. The Senior Executive will be responsible to undertake all necessary research towards the drafting of proposals, management updates/reports, and feature articles for Group ICT’s e-Newsletter. He/she will also be responsible for executing all communications plans (stakeholder engagements, events coordination, monitoring & tracking of projects, etc) related to these initiatives. He/she will occasionally be tasked to support other Strategic Communications projects/initiatives within the department.
This position reports directly to the Senior Executive, Strategic Communications.
• Execute strategic initiatives in alignment with Strategic Communications’ strategy to deliver departmental business plans.
• Support the Team Lead in managing stakeholder satisfaction levels for communication services provided through maintaining regular updates/meetings with Group ICT/business stakeholders to sustain strong partnerships, including management reporting to PETRONAS Group’s Strategic Communications and Group Corporate Social Investment & Philanthropy teams.
• Execute the strategic communications strategies and ensure all activities comply with Group Strategic Communications’ policies and guidelines.
• Assist in developing the strategic communication plans that explore multiple communications channels and determine the communication priorities within each project/campaign primarily with Group ICT leadership (BCIOs, GIE Heads, PET-ICT Management Committee) and any corresponding stakeholders.
• Execute the implementation of detailed communication action plans for each project within this portfolio and review the successful delivery of communication plans that meet the business’ objectives.
• Engage with Group Strategic Communications, where appropriate, to ensure alignment and compliance to existing communication policies and guidelines.
• Understand the PETRONAS Visual Identity System and Group ICT’s identity and apply the brand guidelines accordingly towards Group ICT collaterals, communications, events, meetings, etc.
• Execute continuous improvement initiatives to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness within own team activities in addition to achieving the minimum SLA targets.
• Support the Team Lead in embedding the PETRONAS Cultural Beliefs within the Strategic Communications team and position the team as a role model for the rest of the Group ICT organization. This includes creating a positive work culture and environment to improve overall staff engagement within own team and projects through effective employee engagement initiatives and employee support sessions.
• Support the capability development of team members to build a highly capable, effective and sustainable team with a focus on high performance to deliver quality and timely services to PETRONAS Group.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500. Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia. We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations. www.petronas.com