Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, reporting to the Manager - Tax Accounting, supports the tax reporting function with a core understanding of prevailing statutory authority and it-s applicability to financial (general ledger) data. -Responsible for activities supporting the financial close process, account reconciliations, and supporting financial pronouncement and tax technical research, as applicable.
Should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in preparing and reviewing relevant tax workpapers and use of systems in support of such activity
- Experience in reviewing business operational activities and accounting records, identifying income tax accounting issues from such review, researching applicable tax accounting law, reaching technical conclusions, and communicating conclusions verbally and in writing
- Thorough understanding of US income taxation of corporations
- Technical expertise of accounting for income taxation under US GAAP, with more detailed knowledge of the impact of US income taxation of domestic operations on the tax provision
- Maintenance and testing of SOX internal controls
- Successful experience in leading the activities and career development of personnel
- Ability to operate within a team oriented environment
- Computation and reporting of activity related to ASC 715, Compensation -Retirement Benefits and 815, Derivatives and Hedging
- Computation and reporting of the tax impact of intra-entity transfers under ASC 810.
- ASC 740 computation and reporting of U.S. impact of foreign branches.
- ASC 740 computation and reporting of discontinued operations.
- ASC 740 understanding of deductible/taxable temporary difference and items having permanent impact.
- Analyze and verify the elimination of taxes on the elimination companies
- Analyze and record the monthly/quarterly tax accrual of the U.S. consolidated group and standalone entities
- ASC 740 computation and reporting of effects of indefinite reversal assertion.
- Summarize rate drivers including permanent tax adjustments, discretes items, and deferred only adjustments for effective tax rate analysis
- Validating and analyzing that discretes and other entries booked to prior year tax expense in SAP are recorded in Onesource Tax Provision correctly.
- Current and noncurrent tax payable reconciliation including identifying the buckets related to tax accrual, self-audit adjustments, FIN 48, and uncertain tax positions related to branches
- Journal entry /payable mapping and validation in Onesource Tax Provision
- Analyzing and validating that all entries booked to one tax account and one non-tax account are reflected in Onesource Tax Provision correctly and are provided for the income tax walk PBC document
- Assisting the Senior Tax Global Provision Manager with preparing tax forecast
- High level review of deferred tax adjustments, proofs, and tax basis balance sheet
Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field required; professional certification preferred; strong technology skills with Excel, SAP, HFM, Essbase, Onesource and/or other tax accounting systems is a plus
Five or more years of related experience required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Support Services-
Product Service Line:-Finance--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.