Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Process Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Perth, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the development of the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Control Network (PCN) Specialist to join the PCN Support team within the Information Systems (IS) department. Based in Onslow and reporting to the Process Control Network Team Lead, this 24 month maximum term role will work closely with key delivery teams focusing on operational and reliability requirements to assure safe and optimal running of the process control networks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and build effective relationships between operations, facilities engineering and network support teams and control system vendors
- Engage with operations, control system vendor support and IS teams to ensure changes are specified, designed, tested, documented and implemented accordingly for distributed control system (DCS) / supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems and applications
- Perform information technology (IT) system administration tasks, monitor DCS / SCADA and IT system performance, and maintain DCS / SCADA and IT applications
- PCN software license inventory management
- Ensure documentation, evergreen procedures and compliance tasks for the IT/PCN systems are completed and up to date
- Manage IT system component lifecycles including software and hardware upgrades of legacy equipment
- Participate in operations and IS management of change and permit to work meetings
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis and follow up support on PCN incidents
- Maintain current working knowledge of IT and control system trends that could impact plant operations
- Provide problem solving, continuous improvement and standardization efforts for SCADA and Windows related work processes
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated experience in Yokogawa Industrial Control System (ICS) in relation to process control and safety
- Significant operational experience in a production facility
- Significant experience in maintaining and configuring programmable logic controller (PLC) platforms such as Siemens S7 and Rockwell ControlLogix
- Demonstrated experience in trip fault finding and analysis, alarm rationalization and reporting
- Knowledge of motor control and power systems, turbine and compressor controls
- Solid technical foundation in one or more of the following areas: SCADA/DCS, applications development/support, database administration, server infrastructure, network and communications infrastructure, PCN firewall and security
- Proven experience in an IT/PCN support and coordination role for industrial computer systems and networks would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, problem solving, and resolving IT technical issues
- Knowledge of scripting within Windows, particularly around the automation of IT maintenance and compliance tasks
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferably in engineering or computer science
- Ability to articulate highly complex information to all levels of the business
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and an ability to engage with a range of stakeholders and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for these skills, attributes and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity and committed to equal employment opportunity.
Position Close Date: Tuesday 18 October 2016, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.