Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Analyst (Direct Hire Contractor) located in Makati , NCR (Manila) /Philippines through March 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Retail Systems Support (RSS) provides holistic support of integrated retail and card systems ranging from project inception, products and solutions development, testing and integration, capital planning and management, compliance, deployment to systems operation support for AP and AMEP regions. Some of the systems supported include:
- Back Office System (BOS) - Envoy
- Point of Sale (POS) - NAMOS
- Electronic Payment System (EPS)
- International FleetCard System (IFCS)
- Store Operating Environment Platforms - Hydra, Triton, WIn XP/ WIn7
- Payment Terminals
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The technical analyst provides critical technical subject matter knowledge of respective product/solution in-scope or supported ranging from project inception, products and solutions development, testing and integration, deployment to systems operation support.
- He/she is able to fluently translate business requirements, resolve issues/problems with technical analysis and be able to effectively communicate and manage them with product vendors (2nd & 3rd Levels support). The incumbent should have strong problem solving and analytical skills and enjoy working in the areas of development, testing and release.
- Candidate must understand and resolve concerns with BUs/customers and act as escalation point, and drive issue resolution to ensure support delivery.
- Technical scope may include any combination of the following subject matter knowledge – Retail Systems, Fleet and Payment Cards, Electronic Payment Systems (EPS) and Payment Terminals, testing and integration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or other relevant fields.
- At least 2 years experience in providing technical support and/or testing on any of the following: card technology, retail automation/systems e.g., POS, HOS and payment processes.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – written and presentation
- Ability to quickly learn and contribute to the delivery of systems supported
- Highly customer focused and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-IT-discipline and multi-cultural environment
- Willing to work on a project basis for at least 1-2 years
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law) Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.