Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Software Development, Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technology Business Management Analyst located in Makati , NCR (Manila) /Philippines through October 12, 2016 at 11:59 a.m. (EDT).
High level job description/scope:
Provide analytical and consulting services related to IT Service cost & recovery modelling, IT Service Performance, and IT Service benchmarking. The TBM Framework for “running IT with greater business acumen” is designed to provide “a shared decision-making model for technology and business leaders” with improved insights into IT costs, value delivered, and impacts of IT investment scenarios. Provide leadership as we build out our 2nd TBM Office as part of our global IT Business Service Mgt. BU rollout; ideal for future leader development.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and provide consulting on IT service cost and recovery models; Develops annual ITC Service cost (Total Cost of Ownership - TCO) model, ITC Bill Plan, and Service Billing Engagement Documents (SBED)
- Grow our 2nd TBM Office to provide full TBM Office capabilities globally, displaying an ability to lead by growing the office and their competency.
- Works with Asset Teams, Inventory & Consumption team and ITC Finance to plan, improve, automate and manage current and new interfaces to Service Costing/Service Performance/Recovery application suite. Responsible for analyzing and understanding data imported from BPC, BW and other sources. Guides data analysts who create and deliver breakage reports identifying data gaps. Works with data Analysts and Service/Finance analysts to import corrected data.
- Develop and champion the standard processes, reports, and dashboards:
- Track annual IT Service financial & utilization performance against cost & recovery model plans, and provide monthly insights to Asset Teams and Service Planning & Support
- Analysts; Work collaboratively with ITSM team to ensure each is providing complimentary insights; Partner with Finance and Business Planning to support ITC financial management systems, annual business planning and budgets (includes alignment with annual business planning guidance), and periodic reporting against the bill plan
- Work collaboratively with Asset Teams and Service Planning & Support Analysts such that costs & recovery models inform leaders about the fixed and variable costs, and cost drivers of IT Services; Goal is to enable Assets to provide cost lever information to Chevron business leaders to optimize their IT spend
- Track annual IT Service Costs against Bill Plan supporting periodic reporting to Chevron Business Units, and annual “true-up/true-down” process where actual costs differ from plan
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and/or requests and works well under tight or sometimes short deadlines
- Guide and enforce agreed upon governance structure
- Analyze and provide insights into IT Service Optimization opportunities to drive down cost or delivery higher value
- Provide asset teams with IT Service benchmarking insights to facilitate comparisons of Chevron provided IT Services
- Leverage industry best practice and frameworks
- Provides modelling data requirements, and leverages key count data provided through automated processes from IT Inventory & Consumption team
- Defines the system requirements & environments (instances of tools), and overall run management for the tool suite (currently Apptio) and participates in managing the vendor relationship; Primary contact and subject matter expert for Apptio technical questions. For ITC, designs and configures all approved changes into Apptio, and maintains current standards, and system & process documentation for IT Function. Maintains and manages Service Costing training materials and provides ongoing awareness sessions when appropriate. Provides on boarding training for general Apptio application usage as well as maintaining system access and role definitions.
- BS Degree in IT Systems or a related discipline
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Strong process, planning, and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- Strong relationship management, teamwork, and collaboration skills (interacts with multiple teams within ITC and across IT Function daily)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; including ability to summarize and present information to a level of detail appropriate to audiences ranging from business leaders to technical experts
- Ability to analyze results and translate findings into recommended actions
- Highly Organized - Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and work from high to low level of detail as required
- Leadership skills (leadership aspariation and ability to lead through influence)
- Strategy, Business Planning, and Asset Planning Experience
- 'Big picture' understanding of IT & IT services
- IT Service Management (ITSM) trained or exhibited knowledge
- Apptio experience
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law) Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.