Skills: Facilities Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Perth, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Reliability Consultant to join the Facilities Engineering team in Perth. Reporting to the Facilities Engineering Manager, this one year maximum term role will provide consulting, application and advisory services in the areas of reliability and integrity engineering in operating complex facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and identify improvement opportunities in asset reliability strategies and reliability analytics
- Identify and apply improvement opportunities in the application and use of unit reliability briefs
- Identify areas for fit for purpose application of barringer plots to identify and monitor critical reliability focus areas
- Align downstream and manufacturing (refining) type reliability metric processes to Chevron Australia’s facilities
- Provide advice in the application of design for reliability principles matched to asset requirements
- Work closely within the Facilities Engineering and other Operations functions to enable the application of fit for purpose tools in the delivery of highly reliable operations
- Ensure alignment with Chevron corporate standards and expectations and associated systems, processes and procedures in the reliability and integrity area
- Ensure reliability and integrity requirements are maintained in accordance with the facilities engineering framework and shaping plan.
- Provide specific reports to senior management on reliability and the health of the facilities
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices.
Key skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience in heavy industry within the reliability, engineering or maintenance areas
- Experience within a hydrocarbon or related industry
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Skilled level understanding of facility reliability management and its application within complex facilities
- Demonstrated ability in ‘operationalising’ reliability and availability modelling in a complex process facility
- Reliability analytics specialist with working knowledge in application of MAROS and TARO
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of barringer plots
- Familiarity with design for reliability principles essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment, constructively engaging across teams within the Operations function
- Experience interfacing with external third parties including contract service providers, joint venture partners, and governments is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to constructively influence and work with others to reach and implement effective solutions
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for these skills, attributes and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity and committed to equal employment opportunity.
Position Close Date: Tuesday 04 October 2016, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.