Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mustang, OK, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Level II Radiographer
Job Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Radiographic testing is one of the most widely used techniques of volumetric non-destructive testing and is often used to reveal internal, surface and sub-surface irregularities. Radiographic testing is widely used in a variety of industry sectors including aerospace, power generation, construction, petroleum, chemical and automotive, and for all types of components and parts. The technique is commonly used on welded parts, castings, forgings, and composites and is also used for corrosion mapping and the measurement of wall thickness.
We are currently looking for a qualified Level II Radiographer to support our operation in Mustang, Oklahoma. The RT Level II Technician will be performing calibrations, non-destructive tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. The Level II must be capable of interpreting welds made from various processes according to but not limited to, ASME, ANSI, API, and AWS codes. The RT Level II Technician may be responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees and RT Assistants. The Level II Technician will organize and report results.
- Actively participate in Intertek/AIM and client safety programs.
- Control the radiation area.
- Set up and utilize non-destructive testing equipment.
- Conduct radiographic tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects).
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards, and evaluate results.
- Interpret radiographs.
- Organize and report test results.
- Fill out daily radiation reports.
- May perform specialized inspections.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Level II RT.
- Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) or applicable agreement state card.
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- Knowledge of NDT equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision, communication.
- Moving, carrying, and lifting objects in excess of 75 lbs.
- Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft.
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time.
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold.
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Adaptable to changing schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team work.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Willingness to travel.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.