Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 59th on the FORTUNE 500 and has approximately 6,900 employees. Enterprise's large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its approximately 49,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership's service offerings include pipeline transportation and gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, import/export capabilities and marketing. Enterprise also has a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems and in the Gulf of Mexico. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the support of various custom applications utilized by our Gas Controllers, Gas Control Managers, and Senior Management. The Senior Analyst will work under minimal supervision, maintain ownership for specific system area and/or business users, participate in all relevant changes management activities, and overall service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, development, implementation, and support of the various custom applications.
- Perform system analysis for projects of major scope and various complexities to provide a means for solving technical and business-related problems and challenges.
- Develop and document application program logic and syntax from project design specifications or models.
- Collaborate with customers to ascertain system specifications and business/technical requirements to meet their needs.
- Utilize industry accepted principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the application lifecycle management.
- Acquire and utilize business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions.
- Develop, foster, and apply information technology business technology expertise.
- Advise management in the development of short-/long-term information technology strategies from both a technical and/or business perspective.
- Work directly with in-house personnel to discuss changes and challenges with data on internal applications.
- Facilitate and coordinate end user acceptance testing, change management, issue management, problem escalation and resolution.
- Acquire and maintain system and business knowledge needed to support direct users and other internal technical teams.
- Complete all required Change Management tasks and relevant SOX control requirements.
- Adhere to current team coding standards and framework.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- 5 + years SQL Server Reporting Services skills are required.
- 5 + years IIS experience is required.
- SQL Server 2008/2012 is required.
- Ability to interact constructively and maintain effective working relationships with management, staff, and external customers or vendors exercising tact and diplomacy with emphasis on flexibility and professionalism.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to conduct root cause analysis and proactively analyze findings and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to manage and reset priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Customer service oriented and must be a team player.
- Good written and oral communication skills, please.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of staff, management and executives.
- Microsoft MVC experience preferred.
- BYOD experience preferred.
- Agile SCRUM experience preferred.