Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join our Downstream Global Base Oil Business. We have an immediate requirement to recruit a lubricant base oil technical expert. Saudi Aramco's position as a world-leading energy producer offers unique opportunities for growth and integration in downstream
As the successful candidate, you will have worked in the technical area of the lubricant industry. You will have experience in developing either lubricant additives and/or European lubricant formulations. You will be familiar with API and ATIEL/ACEA regulations and trends. You will have been exposed directly or indirectly to lubricant OEMs approvals, REACH registration, and ATIEL & ACEA activities. Self-driven, Emotional Intelligence and Interpersonal Skills are basic requirements.
You will have 7-12+ years' experience in the additive/lubricant industry and hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other technically equivalent degrees; graduate degree is desired in business related areas; i.e. MBA or other advanced/professional degrees.
Ability to work within a team; fluency in English (reading and writing), additional foreign language preferred; excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to Business Unit strategy implementation and base oil business organization by:
• Advising regarding technology and product trends, formulation development and trends, and potential leveraging improvements.
• Identifying and monitoring technical programs such as base oil interchangeability and base oil slates linkage.
• Identifying the optimal lubricant formulations, mainly in the automotive sector
• Identifying and monitoring formulations approvals (ATIEL, API, OEMs, etc)
• Providing technical support for customers
• Supporting the Technical Manager in relation to additive companies, industry groups (API/ATIEL), OEMs and external consultants
• Supporting the Technical Manager in developing base oil specifications and controls (Q&A program) of base oil products.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants