Skills: Marketing, Technical Writing
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Business Performance Technical Writer is a member of the Downstream Planning and Performance Management Department reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Downstream. This position is responsible for the development of reports and presentations outlining the plans and performance of Saudi Aramco's Downstream business. Reports include the annual 3-year business plan report, semi-annual accountability reports, and related presentations. The candidate is not responsible for the financial and business performance analysis developed to assess the business, but will work closely with senior analysts to create a concise, cohesive and understandable consolidation of the plans and analysis for management's information and use. As such, a working knowledge of the petroleum and petrochemical Downstream business as well as a familiarity with business performance and financial terminology and conventions is expected. The audience for the reports and presentations is Saudi Aramco management. The contents will be used to develop the input for the company's Board of Directors. In addition to these high level reports, this position delivers internal communication update messages regarding unit performance to business line management and employees. The position is called upon from time-to-time to work with company speechwriters to develop and edit speeches for the Senior Vice President of Downstream.
• Bachelor in Business, Marketing or an advanced degree, and at least ten years' experience in the communications field with an emphasis on business performance reporting
• Minimum of 10 years' experience with a record of growing responsibility. International experience is a plus.
• Excellent writing skills in corporate level reports and presentations
• Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
• High level of English language editorial and corporate copy and speech writing ability
• Comfortable working with and advising executive management
• Ability to work through influence rather than authority
• Extensive working experience within a large, multinational corporation or organization
• Evidence of increasing responsibility and scope
• Project management experience covering all aspects of the development of reports and presentations
• A proven track record of managing successful development of business and related financial reports
• A flexible and motivated self-starter able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Ability to work with minimal guidance at a high level
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain all of the Downstream business line level performance and planning reports and presentations
• Develop infographics for reports and presentations to explain complex data in easily understood fashion
• Interact with Downstream Planning and Performance analysts to understand business plans and organizational performance
• Interact with the company's Finance organization to understand requirements for reports and presentations
• Interact with the company's Corporate Planning organization to understand the company's strategies to assure planning and accountability reports are aligned with strategy
• Researching, writing and editing of internal communication messages
• Editing and providing input on executive speeches related to Downstream
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants