Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Midrand, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for Civil Engineers with extensive experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical industry. One position will be based full time in South Africa and the second will spend part time in South Africa before relocating to the site in Mozambique.
- Responsible for the design of assigned civil and structural work under the direction of supervising engineers
- Responsible for ensuring that all assigned civil engineering activities are carried out within the stipulated manhour budgets and time schedules
- Assist in the preparation of project related standards and job notes on assigned projects
- Perform engineering design calculations and prepare design sketches as required on assigned projects
- Assist the civil designers in the preparation of civil and structural drawings
- Review, comment on, and approve civil and structural drawings
- Review and comment on supplier and other discipline drawings
- Attend progress meetings and assist in the preparation of project progress reports
- Advise his/her supervising engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action, technical problems, and unresolved differences with other groups
- Assist in the preparation of contract requisitions and schedules of quantity for civil and structural work on assigned projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc (Civil Engineering) / BEng (Civil)
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant post graduate experience in the oil and gas industry
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.