Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Scaffolding Supervisor to oversee all Scaffolding Construction activities on site, ensuring scaffolding contractors’ work performance and schedule meets the requirements for a safe scaffolding installation.
- Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors’ management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permit procedures, protective equipment, experienced / qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors
- Ensure that the contractors scaffold material is of an approved type and that contractor scaffolders are experienced and qualified in its use
- Ensure that all false works are approved before they are erected
- Ensure that all scaffold structures and false work are controlled by a Scaftag type system
- Ensure that only qualified scaffold personnel modify scaffold structures, false work, and move scaffold boards
Skills / Qualifications
- Fluent English (Flemish and/or Dutch is a plus)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the role
- Refinery, Revamp & Offsites experience
- ExxonMobil experience is a plus
- Experience in Scaffolding activities within Oil & Gas or Petrochemical sector
- due to the urgent mobilisation it is request elegibility to work in Europe
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.