Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Italiana is currently recruiting for an Area Superintendent with significant Construction experience in Oil & Gas Plants for a twelve-month contract in Antwerp, Belgium.
The Area Superintendent will represent Amec Foster Wheeler on-site at the Exxon Mobil Antwerp Refinery, to ensure the construction contractor's activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Cover the Construction Manager desk in case of his absence
- Monitor in collaboration with Field Project Control Coordinator the progress of Subcontractors
- Ensure that Subcontractors duties are performed by competent and experienced personnel and in sufficient number, and promptly advise in negative case
- Maintain contacts with Subcontractors and participate to construction meetings
- Participate with the Construction Director / Manager to construction meetings with Client Representative
- Coordinates the activities of specialty Supervisors solving interferences and priority disputes
- Organize and held weekly briefing with Amec FWI staff for site organization
Skills / Qualifications
- Fluent English language knowledge
- Minimum 10 years experience in construction activities in oil & gas sector
- Mechanical background
- due to the urgent mobilisation it is request elegibility to work in Europe
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws