Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chennai, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
32288BR Process Data Engineer – Facilities & Equipments India Chennai The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect. Job Purpose
- Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the upstream exploration & operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. With support roles on site engagement & technical & tools forums.
- Analyze technical data, drawings, documents and processes for Upstream businesses across the globe by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project teams & partners.
- Support projects, maintenance & improvements activities performed at the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
- Enable the assigned upstream operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations and it’s on site employees in producing and compiling high value maintenance information and data, as measured by improvement trends in data quality.
- May be assigned as primary engineering analyst for smaller sites, plants and locations.
- Assurance that managed technical data and documents of assigned upstream operating/exploration units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations are free of data defects, in accordance to Controls and Standards and within the limits of KPI’s.
- Support a Data improvement project which may include data cleanse, data mining, benchmarking, reporting projects and track evidence as per Site Reference Documents.
- Assist the Senior Process Data Engineer to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document. Communicate with the site or locations, to know who are their contacts in Finance Operations Data. Confirm who are the site or location stakeholders and their responsibilities. Understand their inter-operabilities, ERPs and processes migrated to the SBO.Regularly report progress of work to site or location direct contacts as Requestors and Approvers.
- Assist the Senior Process Data Engineer in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality or use in a technical support function; including training site staff in ERPs or use of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. using Measurement Points more effectively.) This Technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts.
- Supporting Sr. Process data engineering in developing asset structure/hierarchy and bill of materials (BoM) using the equipments drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs etc., for Upstream operating units as per Shell Standards.
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the process.
- Preparing/developing comprehensive workpacks from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general tasklist, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipments drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs etc., for heavy duty rotary equipments like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines etc., for Upstream operating units as per Shell Standards.
- Interact and communicate with the site focals for Preventive Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for heavy duty rotating equipments and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Upstream Operating Units of Shell.
- Other back up accountabilities, as follows:
- Business knowledge and operational skills on activities at the operating units, manufacturing site, chemical plant, supply chain and distribution location. Includes specific methods, software and hardware.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders. Includes strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communciator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Shift work following operating hours of the upstream operation units, manufacturing site, chemical plant, supply chain and distribution location across the globe.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- A self-starter leader and reliable deliverer, with very good verbal and written skills in English, able to negotiate with senior or difficult people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organisational levels across the globe, across diverse timezones.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipments and instruments and also thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Although the role mostly involves the remote support to the upstream operating units/sites. However, the candidate should be willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
University Degree in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Production Engineering.
Required 2 to 3+ yrs. of industrial experience in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals/ Heavy Industries/Power Plants/Steel Plants/Fertilizer Plants or any equivalent manufacturing industry past degree in engineering / technical/project jobs from one or more of the following fields:-
- Experience in Plant Maintenance area within a Manufacturing/ Production/Chemical Process environment as an engineering user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Computerized Inspection Management Systems (CIMS), and Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS.) etc.,
- Experience in Engineering relevant maintenance or failure analysis: Equipment failure analysis, troubleshooting of equipment, decision making; Reliability Centered Maintenance(RCM), Root Cause Analysis, Safety, Criticality and Risk Assessment, Ishikawa Diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Total Quality Management, Hazard Analysis, etc.,
- Field experience in inspection processes and related technical know-how, knowledge of various NDT processes, inspection management plans, piping integrity and maintenance of static equipment like pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc, & knowledge in Risk Based Inspection- API 580/581.
- Industrial experience in operations and maintenance of heavy rotating equipment like engines (preferably natural gas engines), compressors(preferably reciprocating compressors), turbines, centrifugal pumps, etc., with experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, maintenance plans, work and manpower estimation for major maintenance of the rotary equipment .
- Experience in Engineering Projects –Front end execution, supporting the EPCM contractor with execution, quality inspection of the project work.
- Working knowledge/Experience in maintaining Upstream Asset hierarchy/ Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW)/ AIM-EDMS/ SPI Intools / IDMS/ Web Inspection Management System (WIMS) is preferred.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in SAP PM/MM module is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Access is highly desirable.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoPlant and other design and drafting software will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Technical Data and Documents management including processes and tools. Knowledge in Upstream SCE management process, performance standards and turnaround support.
- Effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma CI methodology is an added value.
- Virtual working experience highly desirable.
- Professional Engineering certification is an added value.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video