Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chennai, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
32583BR Process Data Engineer India Chennai The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
- Operational base load support: loading/managing subsurface and well data (well data, well logs and well documents; core data; seismic data (tapes and processed data) to and within corporate and project databases
- Responding to the SubSurface & Wells data team / end-user requests e.g. resolving data quality issues through proactive daily monitoring of IQM queries, reactive identification of data issues or provision of data sets to the government.
- Participation in the elements of Data Projects where execution can be performed in a back office / centre of excellence– e.g. data migration to align with new / global standards.
- Driving data quality improvement through interaction with local data analysts / consultants
- B.Tech/B.E in Petroleum Engineering/Geosciences preferably with specialization in Upstream/Oil & Gas
- Freshers/1-2 years of relevant industrial experience and Relevant academic &Project experience in a similar role/organization
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video