Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chennai, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
33163BR Senior Specialist - Local Statutory Reporting India Chennai The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect. Work in a team of highly qualified finance professionals and play a key role in the following areas in Local Statutory Reporting
1. Ensuring timely preparation and filing of statutory accounts.
2. Working with external audit firms including senior managers, directors & partners pertaining to multiple countries and offices.
3. Manage coordination/support for the audit
4. Working closely with other teams like tax, legal and various controllers team
5. Ensuring compliance with RASCI and operational effectiveness of Standard LSR Controls.
6. The person has to ensure resources are effectively deployed and utilized.
7. Should be focused and result oriented dimensions and should have knowledge on Multiple ERPs viz. Blueprint, SERP, GSAP etc.,
8. Strive to achieve and maintain top quartile process metrics, drive continuous improvement
- Professional accountant with relevant post qualification experience of 4+ years or equivalent experience thereof.
- Excellent working knowledge of IFRS would be most useful, as well as strong financial reporting experience.
- Expertise in managing multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience in handling statutory audits preferable
- Interfacing with senior finance staff at country and region level
- Should be self-motivated, self-starter who is able to build and lead / work in a team and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Demonstrated Enterprise First mindset with relating values and behaviors.
- Individual should be proactive and a creative thinker, looking beyond the scope of requests being made.
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities.
- Proven ability to motivate others and develop strong relationships with staff at all levels
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video