Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Norco, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34751BR MOTIVA - Product Coordinator - Norco, LA United States Norco, LA Motiva Enterprises is on a journey to become the safest and most profitable downstream company in the U.S. More than 3,700 dedicated professionals comprise the 50/50 joint venture between Shell and Saudi Aramco. Motiva has refineries located in Convent and Norco, Louisiana and Port Arthur, Texas with combined capacity of over 1 million barrels per day, making it the third largest manufacturing company in the Americas. A strategic distribution network of product terminals across the eastern and southern parts of the U.S. delivers quality gasoline and petroleum products to nearly 8,300 Shell-branded retail outlets. Be part of a dynamic and nimble organization where your talents are rewarded and your efforts make a difference in the company’s performance.
As announced on March 16, Motiva’s owners have signed a non-binding Letter of Intent to separate the assets and businesses of the joint venture. Saudi Aramco publicly stated at that time Motiva will be set up as an autonomous integrated downstream affiliate. As such, Motiva remains committed to managing its current business and preparing the organization to function as a stand-alone entity. Motiva is seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the company and the industry.
The Norco Refinery Product Coordinator is responsible for delivering margin growth across finished products, purchased feedstocks and process units. The role is also responsible for maximizing the enterprise value of LPGs, Gasoline, Distillates, and Fuel Oil Products.
The Product Coordinator is a liaison that supports development and implementation of strategic hydrocarbon margin growth tactics over the medium term as well as focusing on the delivery of short term product scheduling optimizations. The role also provides backup coverage for other Economics and Scheduling activities. The preferred candidate for this role would have a high level of personal energy, creativity, flexibility, commercial awareness, and good communication skills.
1. Implementation of margin growth opportunities identified and endorsed by the Make Money Leadership Team.
2. Responsible for maintaining the Wharf and Tankage T/A plan schedule, long-term strategy documents and plans.
3. Maximizing the commercial value of the refinery Gasoline pool.
4. Maximizing the commercial value of the refinery Distillates pool.
5. Maximizing the commercial value of the refinery Fuel Oil pool.
6. Leads the Gasoline and Diesel Blending Teams
7. Monitors Product Quality and Giveaway trends
8. Monitor, analyze, and report operational performance that has direct impact on margin associated with hydrocarbon shipping, receiving, blending, and scheduling.
9. Exhibit personal and process safety leadership in all areas and aspects of E&S activities
10. Promotes and supports Motiva Enterprise First opportunities
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Engineering Degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years experience.
- Proven refining industry experience preferred.
- Proven experience in Process Technology, Supply Operations, Enterprise Optimization, Quality Control, or Economics & Scheduling preferred.
- Must demonstrate awareness of core refinery processes, and be able to understand the economics of these processes as they apply to the overall business.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of refinery optimization LP's and/or scheduling tools.
- Extensive Excel Spreadsheet experience.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video