Experience: 100 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Shanghai, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34817BR Legal Counsel - SH China Shanghai Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. Upstream (oil and gas exploration and liquefied natural gas), Downstream (Oil Products and Chemicals) and our Projects and Technology organisation (Shell Global Solutions and Coal Gasification).
Providing high quality, accurate and timely legal advice and contracts support with regard to Downstream’ business activities, including:
• Advising Management on all legal matters to avoid and/or minimize Downstream’ exposure to disputes and liabilities under contract, legislation or law by ensuring compliance with all applicable contractual, statutory and other legal requirements;
• Advising on formulation, interpretation and implementation of major Royal Dutch/Shell Group policies to ensure consistency and compliance with contractual obligations vis-à-vis business partners, applicable laws and industry practice/standards;
• Providing legal advice on Downstream’ day-to-day business operation and transactions in south of China .
• Supporting contract negotiations for commercial business transactions with external customers;
• Managing relationships with other internal parties (such as Intellectual Property, Tax, Finance, Insurance and other Legal advisors) as well as with external customers or stakeholders;
• Monitoring any changes in the law and advise Management on the impact of such changes on Downstream’ operations and recommend strategies for compliance;
• Organising and conducting internal legal compliance training sessions;
• Managing the provision of legal services by external law firms/counsel when required;
• Providing legal advices to Zhejiang retail WOFEs.
- Possess at least 10 years (PQE) legal experience. Experience in the oil and gas industry or international energy projects will be an added advantage;
- Possess a Degree in Law;
- Strong (commercial) negotiating skills;
- Excellent legal drafting skills;
-- The ability to develop and sustain relationships with clients at all levels;
- Broad corporate and commercial outlook;
- Experience in handling of contractual claims and disputes;
- Able to develop and implement legal compliance programmes and policies;
- Able to influence Leaders and teams;
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and able to communicate in excellent English (both written and verbal);
- Sensitive to local culture, understanding local drivers, values and relationships;
- Based in Shanghai.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video