Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Sarnia, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
34889BR CPET Co-op Student - Sarnia, ON Canada Sarnia, ON Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada’s largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Shell Sarnia is currently seeking CPET students from Lambton College for an 8 month work term; January - August 2017.
Following the onboarding period you will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about process control, operating equipment, unit inspections, and standard operating procedures. You will be assigned a crew, on a 12-hour shift rotation and will shadow operators as a learning experience. You will work under the direction and supervision of a qualified shift operator of the unit. Duties will include unit rounds, monitoring equipment, helping prepare equipment for maintenance, with some sampling and testing.
NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in the CPET, PETC or CPEX program at Lambton College in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will be verified by Lambton College before consideration.
If you are in the CPEX program, you must have taken or be registered to complete your 9 month steam time reduction (please specify this in your resume).
NOTE: As part of our pre-employment verification process, you will be required to complete an Online Assessment. If you have taken our Shell Assessment in the past 5 years and passed you will not be required to complete the Online Assessment at this time. For those that have not passed in the past 5 years, you will be sent a link to complete the Online Assessment. Invites will be sent electronically ONLY to those selected to participate. The Assessment must be completed before October 5, 2016 in order for you to be considered for this opportunity.
- Must be currently enrolled in the CPET, PETC or CPEX program at Lambton College
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada for anyone other than current employer without sponsorship
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to speak, read & write English fluently
- Some overtime and after hours coverage may be required
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Must reside within the area
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Willing to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment
Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers. A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video