Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 80 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Gurgaon, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
35250BR Senior Credit Assessment Analyst India Gurgaon Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
This role will be accountable for conducting Customer Risk Assessment and Analysis both new and ongoing to effectively manage risk by ensuring that Credit policy and process are followed for all Downstream CoBs.
Act as a focal point of sales team for credit related activities of all DS businesses. Ensure that company guidelines, policies & controls are applied in the local environment.
Responsible for Credit Review, Analysis and overlook Collections for Customers managed by Shell India Markets Private Limited for DS businesses. Support India Credit Manager in Credit operations.
• Responsible for managing the credit risk and establishment of credit limits including the annual file revision/approval; new account credit approval; credit line increases; negotiating/obtaining/monitoring security
• Play an important role in balancing the company’s risk with rewards as well as influencing customer’s satisfaction through the services provided.
• Responsible for providing authorised approval for release of credit blocked orders and taking credit decisions
• Support India Credit Manager in Credit operations.
• Provide support to businesses on technical credit related areas like Letter of credit management, Direct Debit etc. Moreover, high level control is required to manage the credit after assessment through credit block order & Debt collection mechanism especially in difficult external environment of India. This position is expected to meet all these objectives.
• Management of credit risk within the defined area of responsibility in line with the Shell India OCM (Operational Credit Manual);
• Risk assessment of customers, negotiate and manage security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits with necessary MOA approval.
• Analysis of the overall credit exposure and the re-assessment of credit-worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines defined in the India OCM;
• Maintaining the record of securities and review and follow-up of securities for renewal. Manage disbursement of interest on cash securities.
• Liaise with business units to balance and optimize portfolio risk ensuring adequate use of risk mitigating collateral as appropriate, regularly meeting with business units to review portfolio risk;
• Coordination and leadership of the Operational Credit Committees with the different business supported;
• Comply with the DS (Downstream) Credit Manual, Shell India OCM and the Manual of authorities;
• Monitor and analysis of the relevant KPI’s to support business needs;
• Proactively identifies areas of increasing risk, e.g. at customer level, sector level, industry level.
• To ensure that fit-for-purpose controls are in place and credit control activity is carried out in compliance with group guidelines: OCM/MoA/FCM/Debitex
Manage Accounts Receivable
Ensure that customer’s debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms. Review current order and delivery values on customers account to ensure that they are within approved credit limits. Able to set collection priorities based on customer risk profiles and amount past due. Conduct the process of charging interest and responsible for managing credit blocked orders and customers approaching or exceeding their credit limit. Operational debt collection activities are being handled out to SBSC Chennai. Work closely with Chennai team on above activities.
Support for Sales:
• Provide interpretation of policy and guide the businesses on the principles of sound credit management;
• Keep up-to-date on issues within the businesses by having close relationships with the sales managers and external sources;
• Conduct customer visits as required meeting with owners/officers of major customers as necessary to represent business in negotiating higher risk/exposure credit facilities
• Focal point for systems improvements;
• Focal for Continuous improvement initiatives;
• Super user for credit systems
1. Qualified Accountant, Economics or Business Administration degree or equivalent.
2. At least 3 years’ experience in Finance. Prior experience in credit operations would be a strong advantage.
3. Able to conducting detailed financial ratio, financial performance analysis and summarizing results to (senior) management
4. Able to analyze creditworthiness and credit risk
5. Highly skilled in excel and other MS office based packages
6. Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Able to represent Shell confidently and sensitively in customer contact situations
9. Able to make decisions under significant time pressure
10. Very strong commercial mindset
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video