Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bintulu, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
35394BR Occupational Health Nurse Malaysia Bintulu Shell is the petroleum retail market leader in Malaysia, catering to one-third of Peninsular Malaysia and half of Sabah and Sarawak’s market requirements. We employ 6,500 people in Malaysia. We seek a long-term presence in Malaysia and invest heavily in our employees. Our industry-leading development career programme attests to that. Your ideas will travel at Shell, and your drive and commitment will be rewarded. Our commercial gas-to-liquids plant in Bintulu, our refinery in Port Dickson and our Projects and Technology office in Kuala Lumpur, that offers projects and business solutions, offer a great variety of jobs.
- Assist in Tier 0 training (bystander) for all staff and contractors
- Train Designated First Aider (DFA) in Skill Maintenance every Quarter.
- Track DFA competency (maintain an up to date list of all DFAs and their training).
- Inspect First Aid Box monthly. Track compliance.
- Provide Tier 2 support during working hours (Stabilization, Advanced Life Support, and Medevac).
- Arrange Third party Tier 2 coverage when away.
- Arrange for twenty (20) minutes Tier 2 response time during Non-Routine Activities.
- Maintain Site Clinic operational readiness (equipment, drugs and consumables).
- Maintain Site Ambulance operational readiness (if available).
- Assist in assessing local hospital services and Shell Preferred Clinics
- Identify all workers requiring Fitness To Work (FTW) and maintain an up to date list.
- Arrange for return to work assessment (>7 days MC), post illness, injuries.
- Assist and follow up FTW reports from Shell Preferred Doctors and Specialists.
- Identify and maintain a list of all workers requiring Medical Surveillance (MS) as per recommendation.
- Report all suspected Occupational Illnesses or poisonings
- Assist in Incident investigation.
- Provide incident summary to incident owner, HSE and Health
- Assist in implementing Health Promotion Programs ( e.g HSE week, World AIDS Day)
- Conduct monthly worksite visits / walkabouts onsite. Submit monthly report to Management (include FTW, MS, hygiene and Safety).
- Inspect Local Cafeteria/Canteen monthly.
- Possess a Diploma in Nursing or Medical Assistant from MOH registered Training Colleges
- Valid Registration with Malaysian Nursing Board
- Diploma/Certificate in Occupational Health from NIOSH or DOSH Registered Training Centres
- At least 5 years in Medical and 2 years in Occupational Health Posting Skill
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video