Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 18 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Michigan City, IN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
36188BR Criterion Process Operator, Michigan City, IN United States Michigan City, IN Shell Oil Company, including its consolidated companies and its share in equity companies, is one of America's leading oil and natural gas producers, natural gas marketers, gasoline marketers and petrochemical manufacturers. Shell, a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, is a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology. Shell Oil Company is an affiliate of the Shell Group, which operates in over 140 countries and territories employing more than 109,000 people. CRI/Criterion Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Shell Group, supplies total packages of catalysts, services and solutions for refinery and petrochemical plants. Criterion Catalysts & Technologies and CRI Catalyst Company, are subsidiaries of CRI/Criterion Inc. Criterion Catalysts & Technologies provides hydroprocessing, reforming and specialty catalysts to the refining industry and CRI Catalyst Company provides EO, VAM, styrene, hydrogenation, specialty and environmental catalysts to the petrochemical industry.
- Comply with all HSE regulations, policies, standards, and practices.
- Operate and monitor process and associated equipment for job area.
- Be trained and qualified in all functions of the Operator classification, and operate these functions as assigned.
- Perform in-process analytical testing, analyze in-process test results, and apply appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform minor routine, running, and preventive maintenance work .
- Maintain all necessary records, and provide a detailed summary of the shift in logbooks, including but not limited to safety, quality, mechanical problems/repairs, and process changes.
- Review with oncoming shift operator a detailed summary of the shift including but not limited to safety, quality, mechanical problems/repairs, and process changes.
- Maintain all assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition, with aisles and passageways unobstructed. Receive training to be certified and operate any powered industrial vehicles required for the completion of work assignments.
- Receive and utilize training for the operation of computer software and hardware tools of the job, including, but not limited to, process control hardware/software, process analytical software, email, and inter/intranet.
- Package and load materials using heavy equipment, including forklifts.
- These are represented bargaining unit positions.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have one of the following: a minimum of one(1)year industrial work experience, three (3) years consistent non-industrial work experience or Industrial Technology coursework
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, medical, reference and drug checks, including hair and oral fluids drug testing
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video