Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
36310BR MOTIVA Physician Medical Director (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Physician Medical Director is expected to oversee the health and wellness of approximately 2300 employees including the refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, Corporate center in Houston and various distribution sites located on the east coast. Duties include;
- Partner with Motiva to support the business as a high performing company from a health, performance and safety perspective including Occupational Health strategy, Wellness, injury and illness management
- Experience in the design and operation of company wellness initiatives including integration with company benefits
- Provide for and assure high quality, efficient, comprehensive health services (incl. occupational, environmental, clinical, etc.).
- Operate health/clinical services, and health/clinical services provided by third parties
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) for Company drugs and alcohol program.
- Manage Motiva Medical Services – 2-4 staff, Port Arthur clinic location and budget
- Health focal point for stakeholders
- Monitor Contractors health program, performance and standards, incl. but not limited to alcohol and drug testing, occupational health including case management and fitness to work, disability management (non occupational and occupational), industrial hygiene, wellness etc.
- Accountable for adherence to applicable laws and regulations as well as engagement with industry/government/local organization relevant to Health
The complexity of the position is determined by:
- MD preferred. Will consider Masters of Public Health (MPH). or Masters of Health Administration (MHA) or Physicians Assistant (PA) certifications
- Occupational Medicine or MRO experience preferred
- Minimum Ten (10+) years of medical experience
- Minimum Ten (10+) years of maintaining, managing, and analyzing medical/health data sets
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video