Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
36364BR Financial Reporting Analyst (Houston, TX) United States Houston, TX Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Extraordinary opportunity to join a dynamic high profile group. Due to growth of the master limited partnership (MLP), an additional analyst is needed. Enjoy a team environment where learning and growth are fostered by new challenges each reporting cycle. Responsibilities include both internal and external reporting, including: Assisting in preparation of quarterly earnings releases, including analysis of quarterly results and financial table preparation; Analysis of variances in revenues and expenses; assistance in financial statement preparation; preparation of management reports, footnotes and other disclosures required for SEC reporting.
- Complete all assigned complex process activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to other team members on complex issues using knowledge and experience
- Provide expertise to finance and non finance stakeholders
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Comply with team, pipeline, process and global policies and procedures
- Manage effective interfaces with FO, FitB, Oil Movements, Business Development and other stakeholders, build end to end perspective
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Control owner / control operator Special Challenges/requirements:
- Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations
- Exceptionally strong teamwork across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Necessity to constantly update knowledge within financial accounting and reporting
- Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
- Assist in preparing the 10-Q and 10-K filings to the SEC including preparation of all financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist the CFO/Controller in preparing the annual budget and latest estimates.
- Analyze financial and operating data and to complete variance analyses in conjunction with Business Finance.
- Assist in the data gathering and preparation of monthly management reporting.
- Prepare and submit the monthly and quarterly cash flow reports to the CFO and Leadership Team.
- Provide analysis and supporting data for the incentive distribution rights review.
- Assist with determining accounting treatment for transactions, including business combinations.
- Support the completion and documentation of various SOX controls related to the financial reporting process.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to efficiently manage the quarterly reporting process.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum five (5) years experience in accounting, preferably including financial reporting experience
- Certified Public Accountant License is required
- SEC audit or financial reporting experience required
- Experience within or general understanding of the midstream oil and gas industry is preferred
- Looking for strong self-starter with ability to identify accounting and reporting issues, analyze accounting implications and document conclusions
- Strong communication skills required
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting
- Extensive understanding of US GAAP accounting Standards and reporting requirements
- Analytical, systems/process and accounting skills, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video