Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Martinez, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
37443BR HR Account Manager, (Martinez, CA) United States Martinez, California Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The HR Account Manager is responsible for the Maintenance, Projects/Turnarounds, Technology, HSSE, and Economics & Scheduling organizations at the Martinez Refinery. HRAM provides support to senior LT members and their respective Leadership teams; HRAM provides both strategic and tactical HR advice.
Provide advice to Site Leaders on delivery of the local HR plan and the global HR strategies at the local level including: IR/ER strategy, policy and processes, employee engagement, performance management, etc. Specific accountabilities include:
- General HR support and advice to local leadership teams.
- Contribute positively to the state of Industrial Relations within Maintenance including handling of grievances, arbitrations, and investigations and partner with IR Advisor during negotiations.
- Support the business/function through change journeys and help manage the organizational implications and employee impact.
- Focal point for all Talent related processes and activities for the Refinery including a focus on Front Line Leader Succession Planning
- Champions Diversity and Inclusion
- Drives employee engagement and organizational effectiveness within client group.
Responsible for approximately 125 hourly represented crafts and laboratory employees covered by 2 different Unions and approximately 140 Staff employees. Scope includes 5 Refinery LT members and their respective departments.
- MS degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations preferred.
- 5+ years relevant HR experience strongly advantageous
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management including relationship/influencing skills and ability to interface and manage across all levels
- Strong Coaching and Intervention skills particularly with building leadership skills
- ER/IR Challenges: Martinez is a unionized refinery where employees are represented by two unions: United Steel Workers (USW) and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). Role will work to foster a constructive working relationship with both unions.
- Business Challenges: In order to achieve its longer term vision Martinez needs to build a culture of affordability and continuous improvements with all employees.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video