Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the folloing. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement standard Uniform Project Management procedures and a continuous project management improvement culture.
- Oversee the rejuvenation of manufacturing, creating a mindset of “execution,” correcting bottlenecks, addressing supply chain issues and getting deliveries back on track.
- Create a good balance between managing by the numbers and creating a congenial caring work environment that highly values people.
- Focus on project management by improving customer relations, project cost, schedule control, contract management, and risk management.
- Develop a new strategic road map for the business that anticipates the need for increased productivity, capacity and demand in the near future.
- Oversee the creation of a systematic, disciplined approach to contract reviews, bids and proposals.
- Instill a positive “can-do” attitude into every section of the business, while creating a strong, positive atmosphere of teamwork and empowerment throughout the business.
- Oversee the development of a leading-edge culture of safety and health practices throughout the business.
- Seriously advocate a strong culture of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing, with a rigorous 5S mindset.
- Identify huge opportunities of waste takeout, while developing the same proactive mindset throughout the organization.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive and rigorous toll gate system for project scheduling and management to insulate projects against delays.
- Be a strong team builder, who instills a high sense of urgency and confidence throughout the organization.
- Understand the magnitude of decisions and ensure that contracts have favorable terms and develop the same approach in staff.
- Upgrade, educate, train and evaluate staff to work more cohesively as a team and communicate more effectively across the enterprise.
- Measure productivity and instill discipline and accountability by utilizing appropriate metrics.
- Will be culturally aware and exhibit a patient, caring, but firm, leadership style.
- Become known as both a “Leader of People and Processes.”
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Directly supervises 10 Managers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Integrity: Believes in conducting business honestly and respectfully with customers, team members, suppliers, and the communities they operate in.
- Vision: Highly strategic in thought and behavior, driving daily execution while anticipating obstacles and opportunities and maintaining a long-term, big picture view. Possesses superior intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex manufacturing issues.
- Change Agility: An experienced change leader; creates effective plans to promote change; knows how to manage in changing circumstances; seizes opportunities.
- Drive for Results: Results-oriented leader who can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; sets defined, measurable expectations and provides employees with the resources to exceed them; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes him/herself and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; understands that value to the customer goes beyond just sending a good product out the back door.
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate, but isn't afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges; is demanding, without alienating; effectively deploys “an iron fist in a velvet glove.”
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Teamwork: Believes that all employees working together can exceed the expectations of Customers, Owners, Employees and others who have a stake in the business.
- Communication: Believes that the clear, effective exchange of thoughts, ideas and information are critical in building trust and success.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Believes in consistently leading, performing and conducting business in a manner that supports the company’s vision and values.
- Excellence: Believes that excellence is the result of caring enough to understand the customer's desires and having the passion and determination to exceed them. Understanding that striving for excellence entails setbacks and that learning and growing from these experiences will ensure success.
- Proactive: Disposed to take action or effect change; controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than waiting to respond to it after it happens.
- Approachable: Treats everyone equitably; acts fairly; has candid conversations; doesn’t have hidden agendas; doesn’t give preferential treatment; is viewed as someone to discuss ideas with.
Education and/or Experience
- Possess superior business and management acumen, combined with significant experience.
- Have an undergraduate degree; an MBA is a plus.
- Have experience working in an engineered-to-order, high-value, low-volume, capital goods manufacturing environment.
- Possess the experience required to drive world-class business and manufacturing practices.
- Possess a broad understanding of the total business cycle and be aware of the risks associated with each business decision.
- Exhibit a broad understanding of manufacturing, cost, quality, and delivery and project management, and possess the ability to drive major improvements in each category.
- Demonstrate a strong command of business financials.
- Be strategic in nature, yet possess the management skills to execute tactically.
- Exhibit excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Be a Coach, Mentor and Team builder, focused on building strong relationships across all levels of the business.
- Drive cultural and operational improvement.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Projects. Also database and other software requirements.