Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer with extensive experience in the mining industry.
- Manage designated process engineering teams to ensure appropriate quality and best practice in processing engineering
- Manage the process of preparation of designated study, project, and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information
- Ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project, and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget
- Participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group
- Manage designated process engineering teams to ensure correct procedures are followed
- Set-up and communicate a formal procedural structure for process engineering deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
- B Degree or B Tech qualification
- In-depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from over six years experience in a projects area and a total of 12 years in the mining industry
- Ability to lead and manage teams of process engineers within a diverse study, project or proposal team
- Hydromet and Metsim experience
- Experience in Phosphates would be desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.