Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, ME, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Structural Engineer to work in our Portland, Maine office for Building Services. Types of assignments include determining the condition of existing structures, performing building code compliance and develop structural design/repair recommendations/drawings/specifications. Amec Foster Wheeler is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, insurance, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
Candidates will perform structural calculations to support the design, draft structural drawings a plus, perform construction observation and write letters/reports.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performing engineering design tasks and engineering document preparation
- Interacting with other staff, officials, and contractors
- Managing projects to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Up to approximately 10% travel; primarily domestic; primarily day-trips
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- Senior level 10+ years of related experience
- Senior level needs to be a Professional Engineer PE (SE preferred)
- Mid-level 5+ years of related experience
- Mid-level needs to be a Professional Engineer or have the ability to take the test in the near future
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites; approximately 10% overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb a ladder and maneuver in and on buildings and other structures
- Must occasionally work in outside weather conditions that are hot, cold and/or wet
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.