Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, ME, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Structural Engineer to work in our Portland, Maine office for Building Services. Types of assignments include determining the condition of existing structures, performing building code compliance and develop structural design/repair recommendations/drawings/specifications. Amec Foster Wheeler is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, insurance, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
Candidates will perform structural calculations to support the design, draft structural drawings a plus, perform construction observation and write letters/reports.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performing engineering design tasks and engineering document preparation
- Interacting with other staff, officials, and contractors
- Managing projects to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Up to approximately 10% travel; primarily domestic; primarily day-trips
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- Senior level 10+ years of related experience
- Senior level needs to be a Professional Engineer PE (SE preferred)
- Mid-level 5+ years of related experience
- Mid-level needs to be a Professional Engineer or have the ability to take the test in the near future
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites; approximately 10% overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb a ladder and maneuver in and on buildings and other structures
- Must occasionally work in outside weather conditions that are hot, cold and/or wet
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.