Skills: FPSO / FPU , OIM
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
BW Offshore is recruiting an OIM for the Catcher Project. Employment will start with rotation to Singapore and extend into operations in the UK North Sea.
The Catcher FPSO is due to start production about 170 km southeast of Aberdeen in Q3 2017. It will be supported from the Base Office in Aberdeen.
Pre-Operations (Yard) Phase Activities
- Perform the function of OIM taking responsibility and leadership for all crew activities.
- Familiarize with the technical systems of the FPSO
- Give technical input to the project as needed.
- Participate in Three Party walks and give input to punch lists
- Take over systems from Commissioning
- Prepare for sail away
Operations (Offshore) Phase, a summary of Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of persons on board, for the seaworthiness and safe operation of the Unit (including the area within its safety zone), its cargo and/or other third party interests and for the prevention of pollution, in accordance with national, regional and international laws, rules and regulations as well as the provisions stated in the Company Management System.
- Leader and Company Representative on board the Unit. The OIM has the ultimate responsibility and overriding authority and is fully authorized to make and implement all necessary decisions.
- Responsible for operating the Unit according to the Contract between the Company and the Client. The OIM shall cooperate with the Client's Representative in order to ensure the safe and efficient production of hydrocarbons within the given design parameters.
- Empowered to represent and bind the Company in matters pertaining to the safety of the Unit.
- Responsible for providing daily report to onshore management and responsible for reporting any incidents to onshore management.
- Responsible to ensure onboard compliance with relevant rules and regulations, i.e. Flag, Class, national and international etc. and responsible for implementing, verifying and reviewing the Company's policies through the provisions stated in the Company Management System.
- Responsible to control and update all documentation and certification of the Unit, associated with the Class and Flag authority as per IMO regulations.
- Responsible for training and competency assessment and verification and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Responsible for shaping a healthy corporate culture on board, proactively ensuring communication and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Prepare budget and control expenditure.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Safety Case.
- In the yard phase in Singapore rotation will be a 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Occasional ad hoc travels may be required in order to attend training courses etc.
- In the Operations phase offshore UK Continental Shelf rotation will be 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
- Ideally a minimum of ten years of relevant experience from the Oil and Gas industry.
- Ideally a minimum of five years of as OIM on board an FPSO.
- Offshore managerial experience from the UK sector of the North Sea is essential.
- The candidate should ideally possess an HND or bachelor's degree in a relevant subject.
- Commensurate experience and demonstrable industry competence may be used as a substitute for formal qualifications.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Good computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ordinarily resident in the EU or EEC with the right to work in the United Kingdom.
This position will close to all applications on 23rd October 2016