Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Grangemouth, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category', is looking for a Lifting Operations Technical Co-ordinator to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Grangemouth for a duration of 3 months.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established ‘best practice’ construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield). In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Capable of developing and approving all lift plans and risk assessments for all categories of lifting operations plans
- Review and authorise all lift plans developed by specialist vendors and 3rd party contractors
- Be knowledgeable of the requirements of lifting equipment certification and the management and control of rigging loft inventories in compliance with LOLER
- Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand procedures/ specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to rigging & lifting operations
- Can demonstrate the ability to safely deliver all rigging & lifting work scopes to the required/specified project/industry standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the management of all aspects of lifting and hoisting and the movement of loads
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory role in the safe execution of lifting and hoisting operations
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas related HSSE safe working practices and procedures
- Experienced in the development and approval of detailed and accurate lifting plans for complex lifting operation, and the technical qualification and ability to address first line technical queries on lifting equipment.
A good working knowledge and understanding of the UK regulations (LOLER, PUWER, HSWA) and BSEN technical standards associated with lifting and hoisting operations and lifting equipment
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- A Valid Competent Person Qualification issued by one of the following award bodies:
- CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
- LOLER Competent Person (Certificate of Competence OPITO)
- ECITB Appointed Person - Moving Loads (Certificate of Competence)
- Note: for onshore operations and construction sites, where mobile cranes are used, it is requirement that the AP has the CPCS A61 Blue Card qualification
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical – essential for an offshore position
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.