Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Corporate Paralegal. Working in the Oakville office as part of the North America shared services, you will work with the Legal team to obtain and maintain corporate business and professional licenses within Canada and the US.
- Obtain and maintain corporate business and professional licenses (Architecture, Contractor, Engineering, Geology and Land Surveying) at the Provincial and State level
- Maintenance of Corporate Secretarial data base
- Assisting with corporate secretarial work, including minute book maintenance, record keeping, filing and maintenance of organized and current corporate documentation
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Skills / Qualifications
- Accredited Paralegal Education Program
- Canadian and US Corporate/Commercial Paralegal with 3+ years’ experience preferably within an international consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services firm
- Familiarity with Computershare Governance Services “GEMS” (Global Entity Management System) software would be an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft “Visio” diagram software would be an asset
- Familiarity with Insperity “Orgplus” flowcharting software would be an asset
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.