Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Topeka, KS, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has a career opportunity for a Senior Water / Wastewater Seller-Doer with a strong track record of business development, client service management and project management to grow a Water / Wastewater Business within our growing Kansas Operation. We are seeking a Seller-Doer who enjoys technical work as well as challenges and opportunities of growing a successful water / wastewater group. Primary focus for project work will be on treatment facility, water distribution system, wastewater collection system and booster / lift station design, development of design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration. This position also requires strong business development and proposal preparation skills.
Responsibilities for this Seller-Doer include providing marketing and technical expertise to grow a water / wastewater group in either our Topeka or Wichita, KS office; assisting in the marketing and management of major projects and clients statewide; mentoring and training of staff, and serving as a technical resource to augment the firm’s expertise in the latest water and the wastewater planning, design and construction methods.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field of study
- PE registration in Kansas is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with designing and managing medium to large-sized water and wastewater projects with full responsibility for budget, schedule, contractual obligations, client service and quality standards
- Strong, proven client development / management skills, including preparation of fee estimates, proposals and statements of qualifications
Our ideal candidate has good existing relationships with local and statewide clients in the water / wastewater sector
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, hasthe ability to work on multiple and unique assignments simultaneously
- Applicant must possess excellent, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Must pass drug test, background check and physical; and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.