Toronto, ON, Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Mining & Metals currently has a senior leadership opportunity for a Director of Process Technology reporting to the President, Mining & Metals. This role will require a senior process engineer with international ‘big mill’ and multi-commodity experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth, management and quality of the Mining & Metals’ metallurgy and process engineering team, and will promote the company brand to the process market.
Advance your career – join Amec Foster Wheeler
Amec Foster Wheeler is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world's oil and gas, mining, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of over C$9 billion, Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 36, 000 people in around 50 countries worldwide. Find a company with a progressive culture that makes it stand out from the crowd – one that delivers excellence to its customers by believing in its people, never compromising on safety and always acting with integrity.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining & Metals business performs EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing several world-class open-pit and underground mining projects on five continents.
The Director of Process Technology will be based in one of our centers of mining excellence, including Vancouver, Toronto, or Santiago, with Toronto being the preferred location.
As Amec Foster Wheeler’s leader in mining & metals process technology, you will:
- Develop and implement a strategy to build a quality process engineering brand for Amec Foster Wheeler
- Collaborate with operations leaders to assess staffing needs and develop best-in-class skills in all Americas offices
- Drive innovation in process technology
- Strengthen and maintain a ‘one-team’ approach for the more than 50 process engineers in 5 offices
- Participate in projects and achieve at least 50% utilization as a technical lead, senior advisor or peer reviewer
- Actively support business development through participation in professional conferences, direct business development activities, client relationship building and review of proposal scopes of work and budgets
- Communicate with all mining & metals process staff and management to pursue collaborative projects
- Travel to projects and operations frequently
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum 20 years’ experience in diverse roles in consulting and / or EPCM project environments
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in leadership roles in process engineering
- Recognized as an industry leader in process studies and EPCM
- Knowledge and experience with copper, gold, nickel, iron ore and industrial minerals
- Excellent communication, mentoring, coaching and collaboration skills
- Spanish speaking and writing capabilities are an asset
Amec Foster Wheeler offers excellent salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to contribute to major, complex projects around the world.
If you are an experienced leader in consulting and EPCM environments with strong management expertise in process technology, shape your future with Amec Foster Wheeler.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.