Skills: Mining, Process Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Las Condes, Chile
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Manager, Process Engineering
Advance your career – join Amec Foster Wheeler
Amec Foster Wheeler is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world's oil and gas, mining, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of over C$9 billion, Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 36,000 people in around 50 countries worldwide. Find a company with a progressive culture that makes it stand out from the crowd – one that delivers excellence to its customers by believing in its people, never compromising on safety and always acting with integrity.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining & Metals business performs EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing several world-class mining projects on five continents.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining & Metals business currently has an opportunity for a lead role in our Oakville, ONT office, a Manager, Process Engineering. The position will be staffed by a principal-level person who, in addition to having extensive mineral processing and/or metallurgical industry process plant operations and plant design experience, has demonstrated outstanding ability in the areas of study and/or project management, supervision and development of personnel, business development, and the ability to interface with in-house finance/accounting, human resources, and business development groups, and with client representatives.
This position will entail the following additional responsibilities as they pertain to the Process Engineering department:
- Manage budgets and reimbursability targets
- Manage staff and staffing requirements – hiring, terminations, work assignments, mentorship and career guidance
- Participate in manpower forecasting activities
- Liaise with managers of other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and Technical Directors to develop staffing plans for consulting projects sourced either out of Oakville or from other offices
- Prepare project proposals, including technical input, execution plans and manpower estimates
- Motivate, support and direct staff
- Assign work to professional, technical and administrative staff with a view to career development and succession planning
- Manage peer reviews for studies and detailed design projects
- Administer corporate policies and procedures within the department
- Participate in projects and provide guidance and supervision to other Process
- Verify and validate the work of other Process Engineers
- Provide licensed certifications where qualified to do so
- Manage studies involving multiple disciplines, and provide support to other Lead Engineers on projects
- Develop and maintain communication channels with internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly and that competent engineering services are provided
- Take overall responsibility for work prepared by departmental personnel
- Establish and maintain client relationships and develop business leads and work opportunities in cooperation with local operations and business development managers
Skills / Qualifications
Degree in mineral processing, metallurgical or chemical engineering or a related discipline (M.Sc. or Ph.D an asset)
Industry experience in excess of 15 years, with broad exposure to various minerals industry process activities and operations is necessary.
Experience in consulting engineering and EPCM project office environments is a requirement
Registered with PEO, or eligible for registration
Good industry contacts and ability in additional languages would be considered assets
Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills, and ability to work effectively in a team environment
Amec Foster Wheeler offers excellent salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to contribute to major, complex projects around the world.
If you are an experienced leader in consulting and EPCM environments with strong management expertise in process technology, shape your future with Amec Foster Wheeler
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.