Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Markham, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Markham or Scarborough, ON.
The candidate should have experience providing geotechnical expertise, including experience in site investigation, analysis, shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement, slope stability, construction supervision, as well as practical geotechnical services experience in residential, industrial and commercial projects. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong project management skills who can take initiative, handle challenges, prioritize multiple tasks, and provide superior service to internal and external clients.
- Supervision of geotechnical / materials engineering and technical staff
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Project management of assignments
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with degree in Geotechnical, Geological or Civil Engineering and currently registered as a P.Eng. in Ontario
- Experience since graduation in providing practical geological / geotechnical engineering services relevant to a variety of projects (transportation, civil municipal, commercial development, building structures)
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability and desire to build and supervise in a challenging local / regional market consulting practice
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, knowledge of regional market and geotechnical conditions
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.