Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Schlumberger Houston Technology Center (HTC), Houston, TX, US
As part of the Cloud and Data Software Technology team, the Security Software Engineer builds prototypes, components, and tooling with a goal of ensuring the security of the software we deploy. They have secure coding (different from encryption) and mobile security experience and a good understanding and knowledge of digital certificates, security space access control, fire walls, virtual private networks (VPN), and vulnerability management. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Security Software Engineer will promote secure development practices within the team and across the wider organization.
Successful Security Software Engineers are experienced cloud developers/architects with extensive deployment security knowledge. They have experience with industrial control systems and their security implications. They can configure and execute security tools to pentest applications and system code. They are experienced with PaaS offerings for storage, computation and applications, hypervisor technologies, user management, security and identity management, and OAuth. They are technical, with excellent interpersonal skills, and work well with both internal and external customers. They can demonstrate leadership within professional associations and exhibit very effective verbal and written communication skills. This position will report to the Project Manager.
- Assists in identifying and developing work items and organizing the product backlog.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops, executes and measures unit tests to ensure and maintain source code security and quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organization; may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans to ensure high quality, low cost products and services.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of new technical concepts, products and markets.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or Engineering and minimum 3 years’ software experience.
- DevOps experience with continuous security testing and automation on public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.
- Threat Modeling, Risk Analysis and Application Assessment expertise.
- Experience with compliance frameworks (NIST, COBIT and ISO 27001).
- Experience with public key infrastructure and digital certificates.
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of Cloud security, data security and access control technologies.
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing.
- Competency with managed languages such as Java or C# is required.
- Experience with compiled languages such as C or C++ preferred.
- Knowledge of interpreted or dynamic scripting languages preferred.
- Experience in the energy and petroleum industry preferred.
- Applicable security certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCSP, CCSS.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.