Skills: Research & Development
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Research Scientist has exceptional problem-solving, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills as well as scientific curiosity. The successful candidate will lead a research project dedicated to new hi-tech product development from initial fundamental research to final delivery of the technological solution. We encourage applications from candidates who are comfortable working on diverse, cross-subject and interdisciplinary scientific problems including physical and non-deterministic modeling of complex industrial systems.
Successful Research Scientists can drive their individual contribution to hi-tech cutting-edge research tasks within a dynamic team of ambitious research scientists. They have a clear purpose to bring innovative technology solutions to global markets. The Research Scientist reports to the Program Manager.
- Seeks out, evaluates and produces breakthrough scientific results which can solve targeted current or future problems.
- Presents key research results at local and international technical conferences and workshops
- Identifies and applies appropriate cutting edge data analytics science to support work: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Cognitive Systems etc.
- Drives towards a leadership position in their domain.
- PhD in computational science, math, or theoretical physics.
- Strong programming skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact with team members executing related projects.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Reservoir Engineering and Production Engineering, and/or modern HPC solutions and programming tools is beneficial.
Schlumberger offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a policy of continuous career development through world-class professional training and borderless career opportunities.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.