Skills: Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hayden, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Hayden
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy has an opening for a Plant Supervisor in Hayden, Colorado.
Ensures the plant provides maximum unit availability in a safe, economical and proactive manner by providing direction and supervision to plant personnel using available resources. The activities include routine, planned, and emerging tasks needed to ensure the safe, reliable and cost effective operation and/or maintenance of the facility.
- Increase unit optimization and plant profitability within design parameters, in conformance with procedures and plant permits as well as forward and real time marketing interface. Participate/lead in the development and revision of site procedures ensuring input from subject matter experts.
- Direct leadership and supervision of personnel. Administer bargaining unit agreement. Oversee and direct contractors on site. Manage performance of work teams through clear communication of expectations, engaging team in work completion and process improvement, giving recognition, and use of positive discipline. Provide leadership that encourages use of new plant information technology as well as an integrated learning approach to work. Communicate regularly with all personnel to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements.
- Contribute to site safety performance improvement by holding workers and themselves accountable for safety. This is done via job/work package safety analysis, job site safety observations, audits, conducting safety meetings, safety training, injury/event assessment, investigation/root cause analysis and job briefs. Encourage safety activity participation by all plant personnel. Administer and maintain plant safety programs. Participate in emergency response coordination.
- Ensure regulatory required and technical training is identified and completed for work team, including applicable qualifications. Hold team accountable for attending, participating, and applying training. Participate in the training process by establishing needs, contribute to development/design, provide on-the-job and classroom training, and ensure training effectiveness is addressed. Provide developmental opportunities for team.
- May conduct staffing and selection process for work team positions. Review hiring recommendations with manager. Participate in site workforce planning activities.
- Work with site scheduling in planning of outage work and day-to-day activities. Ensure execution of daily work schedule. Supervise work identification and completion via the Compass tool-set.
- Participate in or lead business unit improvement initiatives.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years experience in power generation or related field providing equivalent knowledge
- May be required to work shifts, rotating shifts, and overtime
- 1 year leadership experience
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Hayden