Skills: CAD / CAM, Energy / Commodity Trading, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Mining, QA / QC / Inspection, ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Insituform Technologies LLC, an Aegion Company, is looking for an experienced Tap Cutter Technician.
Insituform Technologies LLC, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The Company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
The Tap Cutter will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of remote cutting equipment, pre and post video inspection of pipelines and supervision of confined space entry procedures.
- Operating remote cameras to videotape inside sewer lines for inspections and determine if cleaning and/or repairs and reinstatement of service laterals after rehabilitation (cutting taps) are needed
- Service, adjust, and perform minor repairs to camera, equipment, and attachments
- Learn Insituform's products, processes, safety procedures, installation techniques and use of equipment
- Work with supervisors, clients, peers, and subordinates
- Drive various vehicles (pickups to tractor-trailer rigs) to haul crews and equipment
- Other tasks, as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years experience in trenchless installation, including robotic tap cutting
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must possess, or obtain within 90 days of hire, a CDL with required endorsements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to listen and comprehend instructions accurately to learn Insituform's products, processes, safety procedures, installation techniques and equipment use.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to travel, as much as 90% as needed.
- Local residence to the area preferred.
Insituform Technologies, LLC offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.