Skills: Accounting, Helicopter Pilot / Operations, IT - SAP / ERP, Payroll
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
United Pipeline Systems Limited is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Controller, this role will be responsible for directing the organization's accounting/finance functions on a daily basis.
United Pipeline Systems Limited (UPSL), an Aegion company, provides durable and reliable polyethylene pipe lining solutions for new pipeline protection and existing pipeline rehabilitation throughout the world. UPSL is a specialized pipeline contractor that has the trained manpower, specialized equipment and worldwide expertise to tackle a wide variety of high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe lining rehabilitation challenges safely, on time and on budget. United Pipeline Systems Limited offers pipeline protection and rehabilitation in a number of countries and locations throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unitedpipeline.com
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department including AP, AR, payroll and per diem, tax remittance, banking and cash management, inventory transfers, and supervision of staff to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions.
- Perform financial reporting responsibilities for job costs, revenue recognition, expense analysis, general ledger review, variance analysis, and production of monthly financial and supplemental reports that are timely and accurate.
- Ensure all internal controls are in place and complied with, and that policies are in accordance with reporting requirements and meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance rules and regulations.
- Lead business unit cash management and accounts receivable billings and collections.
- Coordinate and complete internal and external audit requirements.
- Direct the preparation of business unit budgets and forecasts.
- Work closely with business unit management to understand actual cost and revenue data, percent complete and estimate-to-complete accounting calculations, and help to analyze results for greater profitability.
- Support the implementation of improved systems and controls as appropriate.
- Oversee general office functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Fluency with General Ledger systems and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Accounting designation preferred.
- Experience using JD Edwards or similar ERP software is an asset.
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP and current SEC rules and reporting requirements.
- Experience in an industrial or construction-based company an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to quickly impact bottom-line results.
- Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation mindset .
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.