Skills: Business Development, Customer Service, Estimating, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Marketing, ROV Ops / Tech, Sales, Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seattle, WA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager.
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com.
The Business Development Manager is the salesperson with direct responsibility for the execution of annual sales plans for a targeted geographic region. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the business development effort. Define and execute sales strategies and tactics to meet or exceed annual sales plans and quotas.
- Generate and qualify leads for subsequent development.
- Perform key account planning to identify, develop, and close business opportunities in support of business plan and strategic objectives. Maintain favorable business relationships with key accounts.
- Cultivate a comprehensive understanding of the technical solutions offered by Aegion Corporation with a strong focus on Fibrwrap products and services. Conduct sales calls and make product / service presentations to meet customer needs.
- Review and understand bid documents thoroughly to prepare bids and proposals and recommend contract prices. Execute bid strategy, provide input into the estimating process, optimize pricing, and develop project teams (consultants, subcontractors, and other internal and external collaborators) to acquire and execute profitable contracts.
- Fully utilize company CRM to provide accurate forecasting and resource allocation.
- Generate market and competitor intelligence and perform market analysis to drive territory sales growth.
- Influence the buying practices, contracting vehicles, and procurement vehicles for customer organizations. Develop technical specifications that support product position and facilitate operational efficiency.
- Assist in the achievement of orders, revenue, and profit objectives for specific geographic region of Fibrwrap. Remain current on operational capabilities, backlog, and cost structure.
- Represent organization within appropriate industry and professional organizations.
- Provide input into development of marketing communications and product portfolio decisions.
- Coordinate pilot projects and/or project demonstrations to assist with the testing and validation of new technologies and facilitate product launches.
- Spearhead management of customer service and achieve customer satisfaction. Ensure prompt investigation of client concerns and provide problem resolutions or referral to appropriate personnel.
- Remain current on sales performance and provide sales reports as required. Provide ongoing status reports to detail activity to include factored sales forecast, acquisitions report, and backlog report.
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Construction Management preferred, PE accreditation highly desirable. Will consider Business, Finance, Sales, Marketing degree with a proven 3+ year history of technical sales performance in a closely related structural engineering field. MBA is an asset.
- 3+ years' experience as a Consulting Engineer in structural engineering or in a Technical Direct Sales environment preferred.
- 3+ years experience using an enterprise wide CRM preferred
- Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- A general understanding of the construction and client-related business.
- Trainable & coachable in professional selling techniques, is persuasive, and has client focused writing skills.
- A genuine interest in serving the client. Competitive and achievement-oriented. Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Can perform and report complex financial calculations.
- Able to sell both products and services.
- Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) required.
- Travel by automobile and airplane required.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.