Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New Iberia, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Bayou Companies is looking for a Plant Operations Manager.
The Bayou Companies, LLC, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a leading provider of cost-effective solutions to onshore and offshore energy and infrastructure companies primarily in North America and the Gulf of Mexico. Bayou's products and services include internal and external pipeline coating, lining, weighting and insulation. Bayou also provides specialty fabrication and services for offshore deepwater installations, including project management and logistics. For more information, visit www.bayoucompanies.com.
- Responsible for the overall management of the FBE Coating and 3 Layer Polypropylene Plant
- Foster and maintain a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring that the quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality requirements
- Direct, implement, and maintain manufacturing plans, policies, and programs to improve quality, delivery time, and drive toward low-cost leadership of the manufacturing plant
- Continuously improve methods, processes, and facilities to raise productivity, improve return on investment, and achieve lower costs with full regard for the health, safety, and well-being of employees. Identifies and implements best practices including ISO 9000 and Six Sigma systems to achieve manufacturing excellence throughout the facility. Monitor production output and quality data.
- Direct, manage and develop supervisory staff to ensure efficient and safe operation of the plant. Establish employee developmental methods and processes to improve skill level, involvement, value, and morale; make final determinations on hiring and firing decisions; and establish/maintain positive communication with employees. Communicate with other plant managers to share ideas and resources.
- Recommend purchase of all capital equipment and plant expansion
- Prepare and/or maintain various reports, records and/or logs
- Establish, communicate, implement and enforce safety programs and procedures; conduct routine safety inspections; conduct safety meetings; ensure proper use and maintenance of equipment; identify and implement safety improvements
- Interact with customers, suppliers, vendors, and public government agencies
- Provide input to project estimating process, participate in project bid review meetings and approve manufacturing estimates
- Actively participate in weekly sales meeting, weekly operations meeting, monthly financial review and yearly strategic planning meetings
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field preferred
- 5 years of plant operations and staff management experience with proven history of success in a coating facility or related industry
- 10 years of experience in all area of operations
- Must have experience hiring and managing plant staff and fostering a positive team oriented environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with experience interacting with customers and vendors
- Experience controlling budgeted labor and overtime costs, as well as maintaining fiscal responsibility for all department budgets
- Must have an ability to multitask and handle stress in a highly productive environment
- Excellent written and oral skills required with proficiency using applications such as Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Must be familiar with maintenance of equipment
- Must be experienced with manufacturing safety and environmental concerns
The Bayou Companies, LLC. offer a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Quarterly Bonus Potential, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.